Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fantasy Sports From The Eyes Of A Fan

You are old. You’re knees go bad or wrinkles pop up. You’re gaining weight. And most importantly, you’re a nerd. These are the signs of somebody who is absolutely hook up with Fantasy Sports. Just Kidding!!

This is just the common misconception about Fantasy sports player. But I assure you that I am a normal looking individual without any of that signs but I have been playing fantasy sports. I've been an official fantasy player for the last three years and I don't see myself giving it up soon. I just love it. Before all these loving, I was against the concept of playing fantasy sports for years. I always ignored those who ask me to participate and always questioned them. "Why would I fantasize about sports?" and "Why would I need fantasy sports when I can watch the real ones?" But then I realize the fun of playing fantasy sports, managing your dream team and of course winning the championship.

Fantasy sports are basically individual teams made up of real players from various sports. Each participant in the league manages his/her team. In hockey, for example, every NHL player is available for use. The same with the other sports. It makes no difference which actual teams the players are with in real life. Statistics, scores, standings, and everything else is based on each player's performance in the real-life games. Fantasy sports managers obviously strive to get the strongest-performing players on their lineups.

Fantasy baseball is my favorite fantasy sports (Fantasy Basketball comes close in second). The intense of fantasy baseball is more like the real thing. I always can play it at Fantasy Factor because here there are no long term season commitment unlike other Fantasy sports site. Every week or every day you’ll get to win prizes and cash. In addition with this, the site’s interface is totally impressive and is easy to use.

I've spent so much time checking on different players that I can answer the toughest questions. Who do I need to keep on the bench during road games? Who can hit lefties? The difference between Mark Sweeney and Mike Sweeney? All of this I already know. I'm not just playing fantasy sports. I'm winning leagues here. One of my baseball teams (yes, I was in more than one baseball league) won first place last year. After going through all the stats, making trades and picking up players through free agency, my team came in first place out of 12 teams. Ryan Howard of the Philadelphia Phillies was my stud player.

And my big reward? A little cash prize (depends though on how much did you invest to put in your team), a small trophy that appeared on my fantasy home page and the extra bragging rights to my other fantasy sports player friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Fantasy Sports